About Canadian Solar Panels
Canadian Solar Panels founded in 2001, and has subsidiaries in over 24 countries
on 6 continents including Australia. It manufactures solar panels and plays a leading
role in home solar and utility-scale projects in Australia.
Canadian Solar Panels’ total projects in the pipeline amount to 20.4 gigawatts. This
is close to a third of Australia’s installed electricity generating capacity. It has
factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Indonesia, and Vietnam manufacturing solar
modules, solar power systems and associated products. Its total workforce is
approximately 12,500 people.
- Top bankable manufacturer per Bloomberg New Energy Finance (2019)
- Tier 1 Solar Company according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance (2017-2019)
- A leading company in the PHOTON PV TRIATHALON 2017
- IHS top module supplier for quality and performance / price ratio (2016)
- Best PV module manufacturer award in Brazil by Smart Energy (2016)
- No.1 silicon module solar plant developer by Greentech Media Research (2017)
- Best Structured Project Bond Award by Environmental Finance (2017)
- Two best deal of the year awards by Power Finance and Risk (2018)
Key Projects in Australia
- 5 MW Normanton Solar Farm, Australia (December 2015)
- 17.4 MW Longreach Solar Farm, Australia (September 2016)
- 30 MW Oakey Solar Farm, Australia (September 2016)
- 165 MW $200 Million Gunnedah Solar Farm (In Progress)
First Power Purchase Agreement
On March 12, 2020 Canadian Solar Panels announced its intention to break into the
Australian wholesale power business. The NSW authorities gave construction the
go-ahead two days later.
The project will generate an estimated 293,000 GWh of electricity annually when
completed in 2022. It will support Amazon’s Australian operations in terms of a
power supply agreement already in place.
Canadian Solar Panels has more exciting plans in the pipeline for Australia. We
anticipate Australian businesses and homeowners should have a part in these. This
company is fast moving and arguably ahead of the wave.
Call us today on 1300 76 76 52 to get a quote on Canadian Solar Panels for your
home, or your business in Melbourne. They just could be the perfect partner for your
solar project given their all-round experience.
Watch Canadian Solar Video